The State of Retail Wealth Management, 4th Annual Report
In our 4th edition of Insights, we examine multi-year results for key performance metrics in the North American retail wealth management industry. All results are reported as of December 31st, 2013. PriceMetrix found no significant differences between the U.S and Canadian markets, so all results presented in this paper are for the combined North American market.
This 4th Annual Insights Report highlights several trends, including:
- Continued growth in both advisor assets and advisor revenue – though largely driven by market appreciation
- Steady progress toward a fee-based business model, but continuing pressure on fees.
- Increase in equity transactional volume and pricing in 2013 compared to 2012
- Continuation of the trend toward fewer, but larger clients
- A greater number of high net worth households in advisors’ books, again largely due to appreciation in the market.
- Lower client retention rates in 2013 than in 2012
- A client base aging faster than the general population.
This Insights report is made possible by PriceMetrix aggregated data representing 7 million retail investors, 500 million transactions, and over $3.5 trillion in investment assets. PriceMetrix combines its patented process for collecting and classifying data with proprietery meausres of revenue, assets and households to create the most insightful and granular retail wealth managemetn database available today.
Download PDF Suggest a Topic